Here's the other make and take from my Open House. I CASED the idea from Wanda's blog which you can find here: http://www.starlightstamper.com/2008/01/dum-dum-sucker-tutorial.html. Wanda always has great ideas! This is a little cover for a lollipop.
Real Red cardstock (6 1/2" x 2") scored at 3/4" and 2 3/4" from each end
Scraps of white, Real Red and Regal Rose cardstock for the Happy Valentines Day tag and the punched circles and scallops attached at the top of the lollipop stick
Black and Real Red classic ink
Real Red and Regal Rose makers
Scallop, 1 3/8"circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1/16"circle and small and large tag punches
2 gold brads
Tag from Happy Heart Day stamp set
Love heart from Forever in My Heart stamp set
- Fold your scored card stock piece along the score lines with both flaps facing outwards (see picture below).
- Stamp Happy Valentines Day tag onto a scrap of white paper using black ink. Punch out using the Small Tag Punch
- Colour the hearts and the outline of the tag using the Real Red and Regal Rose markers
- Punch a tag from a scrap of Regal Rose cardstock using the Large Tag Punch.
- Glue white tag image to regal rose tag
- Glue tag to one side of your scored red piece (one of the 3/4" flaps will cover the top of the tag)
- Punch 2 scallops from a scrap of Real Red cardstock
- Punch a circle from a scrap of Regal Rose cardstock using the 1 3/8" circle punch
- Stamp the Love heart onto a scrap of white cardstock. Punch out using the 1 1/4" circle punch.
- Layer the regal rose circle onto one of the real red scallops. Layer the heart image on top of the regal rose circle.
- Fold the scored red cardstock around the candy part of the lollipop.
- Punch a hole on either side of the lollipop stick through all layers using the 1/16" punch
- Fasten the scored cardstock around the lollipop using the gold brads
- Attach the scallops to either side of the top of the lollipop stick using dimensionals.